Wind speed measurement, wireless 916 mHz frequency, patented wind-powered electronics, manufactured in USA.
Etesian’s patented, wireless, and wind-powered anemometer is an excellent option for crane, fountain, nautical, and any at-height application. Install it once and never worry about replacing a battery. Etesian Wind Sensors are powered by the wind that they are measuring. An internal generator provides all the necessary power. No batteries to change. No waiting for sunrise or the clouds to burn off. No worries from lightning strikes that could track through wiring into expensive control systems.
- Internal generator provides power for wireless operation
- No batteries to charge or replace
- Sends data to a base station (sold separately) every second
- Data transmissions start at 2 m/s (5 MPH)
- Up to 1000 feet line of sight transmission based on the antenna option
- Add external directional antenna for extended range operation
- Weight: 400 grams (14 oz.)
- Mounting: 13 mm (0.5 in) diameter mast with cotter pin and mast set screw.
- Overall height – 18.4 cm (7.25 in)
- Main housing diameter – 6.1 cm (2.39 in)
- Power Requirements: None, wind-powered
- Operating Frequency: ISM band, 916.5 MHz
- Conical cups measure 63.5 mm (2.5 inches) in diameter
- Rotor diameter is 203.2 mm (8 inches)
- Fully hardened beryllium-copper shaft running in self-lubricating modified fluoropolymer bearings
- Rated bearing PV (pressure-velocity) factor is 20,000 – At 15 mph PV is approx. 500. – At 100 mph PV is approx. 2,000.
- Distance constant = 10 feet (3.0 meters)
- Accuracy: within 0.1 m/s (0.2 mph) for the range 5 m/s to 25 m/s (11 mph to 55 mph)
* Etesian Wind Sensors’ anemometers and wind sensors are protected under US patents No. 7,454,698 and 7,591,176