Etesian’s patented, wireless, and self-powered wind sensor is perfect for crane, fountain, nautical, and any other at height application. Just set it up once and never look back. Etesian Wind Sensors are powered by the very wind that they are measuring. An internal generator provides all the necessary power. No batteries to change or charge. No waiting for sunrise or the clouds to burn off. No worries from lightning strikes that could damage your expensive base unit.
Etesian Wind Sensors are the worldʼs only* self-powered and wireless anemometers. All the expense and hassle of wiring is eliminated. Damage to your logger or controls from lightning is eliminated. The internal generator provides all necessary power. Never a battery to replace.
- Internal generator provides power for wireless operation
- No batteries to charge or replace
- Sends data to base station every second
- Data transmissions start at 2 m/s (5 MPH)
- Up to 1000 feet line of sight transmission
- Add temperature or wind direction to basic sensor
- Add external directional antenna for extended range operation
- Weight: 14 oz.
- Mounting: 13 mm (0.5 in) diameter mast with cotter pin and mast set screw.
- Overall height – 18.4 cm (7.25 in)
- Main housing diameter – 6.1 cm (2.39 in)
- Power Requirements: None, self-powered
- Operating Frequency: Region 1- SRD band, 868.35 MHz, Region 2 – ISM band, 916.5 MHz
- Conical cups measure 63.5 mm (2.5 inches) in diameter
- Rotor diameter is 203.2 mm (8 inches)
- Fully hardened beryllium-copper shaft running in self-lubricating modified fluoropolymer bearings
- Rated bearing PV (pressure-velocity) factor is 20,000 – At 15 mph PV is approx. 500. – At 100 mph PV is approx. 2,000.
- Distance constant = 10 feet (3.0 meters)
- Accuracy: within 0.1 m/s (0.2 mph) for the range 5 m/s to 25 m/s (11 mph to 55 mph)
* Etesian Wind Sensors’ anemometers and wind sensors are protected under US patents No. 7,454,698 and 7,591,176