Etesian’s patented, wireless, and self-powered wind sensor is perfect for crane, fountain, nautical, and any other at height application. Just set it up once and never look back. Etesian wind sensors are powered by the very wind that they is measuring. The internal generator provides all the necessary power. No batteries to change or charge. No climbing to height to change batteries. No waiting for sunrise or the clouds to burn off. No worries from lightning strikes that could damage your expensive base unit.
- Internal generator provides power for wireless operation
- No batteries to charge or replace
- Sends data to smartphone every 3 seconds
- Data transmissions start at 2 m/s (5 MPH)
- Up to 100 meters (323 ft) line of sight transmission
- Internal temperature sensor included
- Add wind direction to basic sensor
- Data sent directly to your smartphone – free apps!
- No pairing required-multiple simultaneous receivers
- Weight: 14 oz.
- Mounting: 13 mm (0.5 in) diameter mast with cotter pin and mast set screw.
- Overall height – 18.4 cm (7.25 in)
- Main housing diameter – 6.1 cm (2.39 in)
- Power Requirements: None, self-powered
- Operating Frequency: Region 1- SRD band, 868.35 MHz, Region 2 – ISM band, 916.5 MHz
- Conical cups measure 63.5 mm (2.5 inches) in diameter
- Rotor diameter is 203.2 mm (8 inches)
- Fully hardened beryllium-copper shaft running in self-lubricating modified fluoropolymer bearings
- Rated bearing PV (pressure-velocity) factor is 20,000 – At 15 mph PV is approx. 500. – At 100 mph PV is approx. 2,000.
- Distance constant = 10 feet (3.0 meters)
- Accuracy: within 0.1 m/s (0.2 mph) for the range 5 m/s to 25 m/s (11 mph to 55 mph)
* Etesian Wind Sensors’ anemometers and wind sensors are protected under US patents No. 7,454,698 and 7,591,176